t h e a u d r e y s
The Audreys, hailing from South Australia, have a sound described as “Country twang delivered with the smokiest of vocals, rolling roots and authentic banjo and violin picking. Songstress Taasha Coates channels the she-ghosts of times gone by with her silky smooth, torch-song delivery. Remember Cowboy Junkies? This is them, multiplied by ten.” I always had a soft side for the Junkies ever since I heard Margo Timmins sing "Sweet Jane," so I was intruiged by such a comparison and dusted off a few of their tracks to detect this hairline fracture that divides them. Turns out I think the similarity lies merely in the fact that "not quite country, not quite folk, and not quite pop" could be used to describe either band. Not a Junkies fan? No need to worry. These Aussies are in a class of their own. Give 'em a listen.“Between Last Night & Us” was released February 2006. Notable tracks are “Long Ride,” “Where Are You Now?” “Come On In,” “Susanne,” and “You & Steve McQueen.” http://www.theaudreys.com.au/
“I’ve gone a bit country since I met you, baby…”


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home