Sunday, December 10, 2006

a m y m i l l a n

Canadian "Indie" artist Amy Millan, who lends her voice to both Stars and Broken Social Scene, goes solo with Honey from the Tomb. She has a unique voice and sound that is not dark and spooky like the album cover suggests. There is even a bit of a nod to bluegrass on select tracks.

Listen to her on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/amymillan and let's hear what you think.

“. . . you’ve got lips I could spend a day with . . .”

Haven’t discovered Stars yet? Listen to the following tracks from Set Yourself on Fire: “Ageless Beauty,” “The Big Fight,” “Celebration Guns,” “Your Ex-Lover is Dead,” and “Sleep Tonight.”

1 Comments:

Blogger fineskylark said...

I am really excited for her album (which, I will eventually be able to afford). It's been over 18 months since I head 'Set Yourself On FIre" for the first time and it's lost nothing in those months. You used to be able to find Stars's cover of the Pogues "Fairy Tale of New York" on myspace, I highly recommend it.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home